>

Author Topic: JJM's next project: a movie set in the Joseon Dynasty  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Muraki

Re: JJM's next project: a movie set in the Joseon Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 05:53:19 AM »
Why all pictures are for the heroin and nothing for JJM?!!!

Is it becuase they want to keep his look in the movie as asurprise?!!

that's something i always say -_-
example:
Queen of The Game
some people might say it was about Joo Jin Mo too but i would say the actress took more credit for it than JJM, basically she was the main character although i believe at least they both had same importance in the drama.
they even named the drama after her >.> ( we discussed it in QFTG post if i'm not wrong ).

and nope i dont think it's cause they wanna keep his look as a surprise!
i mean have any of them actually were surprising? not saying they werent interesting but they werent something that one expects to be presented as surprise.
there can be lot of reasons such as:
1. director's choice considering JJM's look/personality/etc ( depends on director's point of view ).
2. JJM's personal desire.
╔ Designs © Muraki ╝

Offline yusi

• Hi all, I'm new here!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 01:33:04 AM »
Why all pictures are for the heroin and nothing for JJM?!!!

Is it becuase they want to keep his look in the movie as asurprise?!!

that's something i always say -_-
example:
Queen of The Game
some people might say it was about Joo Jin Mo too but i would say the actress took more credit for it than JJM, basically she was the main character although i believe at least they both had same importance in the drama.
they even named the drama after her >.> ( we discussed it in QFTG post if i'm not wrong ).

and nope i dont think it's cause they wanna keep his look as a surprise!
i mean have any of them actually were surprising? not saying they werent interesting but they werent something that one expects to be presented as surprise.
there can be lot of reasons such as:
1. director's choice considering JJM's look/personality/etc ( depends on director's point of view ).
2. JJM's personal desire.

Regarding QoTG, I didn't feel the same. In contrast, I felt it was always about JJM's character, he was the point of focus in the drama... even the most memorable scenes are mostly of him not LBY.... maybe coz his acting is more powerful than her...
It's about the game, how it started till it end... he started that game, played it, but failed to finish it due to her love and not her own tactics.... she never played that game at all, once she tried to do that she immediately stoped because of his love..... actually he was a better player than her but eventually love defeated both of them...

He was the one who contributed the most in the success of this drama and the most character that developed in a very logical way...... unlike LBY's character whose developement was not convincing because the writter wanted to create many twists that was unfortunately on the expense of LBY's character.....
my only take on their love story is the heroin, I couldn't feel the depth of her love the way I did with the hero... coz when he tried to revenge, I could feel his love and confusion, but when she tried to d the same, I couldn't feel either her love or her confusion..... that's why I enjoyed the first half of the drama more...

-------------------

I couldn't understand the red lines, can you elaborate more?

Offline Muraki

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
i think you got me wrong dear!
i didnt say he didnt have a bold character in QOTG but exactly the opposite.
u said: " Why all pictures are for the heroin and nothing for JJM?!!! "
i said: " that's something i always say -_- " and gave QOTG as another example that they gave credit to heroin more than him.
although he had such a great role ( in my opinion he was the one whom lead the whole drama ) but they STILL gave credit to her more than him...in lot of sites back then when the drama was released they used to praise-giver her credit more and i was like what the hell? -___-
i mean it was HIS plan, it was HIS revenge and as i saw he was the one whom lead the drama but she gets more credit? oO
as i mentioned before we had a discussion about this...you can check it in QOTG post ^^

about the red lines:
u asked:
" Is it becuase they want to keep his look in the movie as asurprise?!! "
so i answered it with those 2 ( there can be lot more ).
for the 1st one:
not all the time it's in actor's hand to choose what he wants, mostly it's director whom chooses who can play what role and how a.k.a it can be director's way of view depending on JJM's personality/look/etc.
and for the 2nd one:
it can be his own desire.
sometimes some people although great but dont know their own value and are afraid to step forward so: either they dont do it their whole life or try to take it easy and do it one step at a time.
( as in being in the center of attention ).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:49:30 PM by Muraki »
╔ Designs © Muraki ╝

Offline yusi

• Hi all, I'm new here!
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
[Article] Kim So-yeon & Jo Jin-mo : Intelligence Chase over Coffee "Russian Coffee" (GABI ‘가비’).02.07.2011 | Author: TWSSG TEAM | Posted in Hallyu Articles, Movies News

[Article] Intelligence Chase over Coffee "Russian Coffee" (GABI '가비').
By RA Jegy@cinematoday.korea.com

"Russian Coffee" Directed by Jang Yoon-hyeon. It's the end of 19th century, and Gojong, King of Josoen flees to the Russian legation to save himself from foreign threats. The king comes into contact with western culture during his stay there, and tastes coffee for the first time in his life. After he returns to the palace, Gojong continues to enjoy coffee, while an assassination attempt takes place to kill the king by poisoning his coffee to prevent him from establishing the Korean Empire.

"Russian Coffee" is a story about turn-of-the-century turmoil told through the genre of mellow, thriller and spy films. Adapted from Kim Tak-hwan's novel Noseoa "Russian Coffee" , a tragic love story and intelligence action of Joseon's first woman barista tangled with a Russian spy and Emperor Gojong form the main storyline. Kim Tak-hwan is also the writer of Secret of Monument for Virtuous Lady , which was made into a movie

"Detective K", the biggest Korean film hit during the first quarter that earned 4 million viewers since its release in February. The Title of the novel 'Noseoa "Russian Coffee"' means Russian coffee. It is interesting how the film connects facts with fiction, such a setting as the first barista of Joseon. The scene where Gojong takes his first sip of coffee, something very new at the time, and the Russian legation and steam locomotive scenes recreated by computer graphics will be quite a spectacle to watch.

Director Jang Yoon-hyun was the pioneer of early Korean Indie films, leading the way with The Night Before Strike (1990) and announced at the start of the Korean New Wave in the late 1990s with "The Contact" (1997) and "Tell Me Something" (1999). With "Russian Coffee" , JANG intends to jump back up from his slump of the last century, when he consecutively failed with "Some" and "Hwangjin-y - Movie - 2007". When asked why he took the job, director JANG answers "The original novel was such an interesting piece". He says "At first I became interested out of curiosity, wanting to know the first person who made coffee in Korea. Yet the more I researched about it, the more I learned new things, which I added onto thescreenplay". He also adds "So many spectacles will appear on screen, making one wonder did all that really exist during that time".

Chungmuro's eyes are on JANG, watching whether he will overcome his last two misfortunes and make a successful return. The film will be distributed by Cinema Service, an enterprise of KANG Woo-suk, the magic hands of Chungmuro.
Once the biggest distributor in the business, it is true Cinema Service is having some difficulties after the recent films company distributed didn't do too well. Much attention is given to whether '"Russian Coffee"' will be a breakthrough for Cinema Service. Also it is interesting to predict whether film adapted from Kim Tak-hwan's novel will make a hit one after another.

The film stars Hanryu star Joo Jin-mo ("A Frozen Flower"), a great performer Park Hee-soon ("Seven Days") as well as Yoo Seon ("Moss") and Kim So-yeon ("IRIS"). JOO plays a first class sniper Ilyich of Russian crooks hovering around Gojong, and Kim So-yeon, Tanya the barista who serves coffee to the Emperor. Making her screen debut with "Change" (1997), except for "Seven Swords" (2005), a TSUI Hark film made together by Korea and China, KIM's works have been mostly on TV. "Russian Coffee" will make her return to the big screen after 15 years. The mysterious woman, queen of the social circle with

Two names, BAE Jung-ja in Korean and Sadako in Japanese, played by Yoo Sun. Production Company Ocean Films commented "The film stays almost true to history with about 30% of it being fiction". Ilyich and Tanya are fictional while BAE is a person who actually existed. The film started in at the end of March and shooting will continue until late June. Total production cost is estimated to be about US$6.5 million (7 billion KRW), and the film is scheduled to be released at the end the end of the year.

Offline LoveJooJinMo

• Administrator
  • Support Jin Mo as a fan & friend
    • Joo Jin Mo's Garden
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »
Dear yusi,

Thank you for sharing.  How about this little 'surprise'??

This is a newly posted picture of Jin Mo from Gobi project.  He is going to have a short break for his Japan Fan Meeting on July 25th.   We will definitely see him with more exciting discussion from his fans.

Offline yusi

• Hi all, I'm new here!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 11:40:13 AM »
^^
 :D :D :D :D

this one should be a signature, but who is the talented here in making signatures?!!

So, he will disappear as usual after filming coffee!! why he likes to disappear?

Is there a way to see anything from his coming fan meeting?

Offline rizka

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »
Hello everyone..been long time not visited Garden..how's everyone doing?
How's our Joo jin Mo?
Is there any new project like drama/movie for his 2012?  By the way
Happy belated birthday Jin Mo..wish u all the best in ur career n life ^_^
Joo Jin Mo, Loving you makes me bigger than my body :) ;)

Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday
Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday