>

Author Topic: Watch "Sad Temptation" Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday  (Read 4599 times)

Offline LoveJooJinMo

• Administrator
  • Support Jin Mo as a fan & friend
    • Joo Jin Mo's Garden
Watch "Sad Temptation" Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Episode 1 - Part 1

Episode 1 - Part 2

Episode 2 - Part 1

Episode 2 - Part 2

Thank mo811 for her kind sharing @ tudou.com.

Offline NaughtyJoy

• VIP
  • Hi! I am Joy...from Thailand...
Re: Watch "Sad Temptation" Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:30:44 AM »
Dear LoveJooJinMo,

Thank you and mo811 for sharing these clips. I think it'd be great to watch this drama on his birthday as the way to celebrate his special day  :)

Cheers,
Joy

"To alcohol: the cause of --- and solution to --- all of life's problems."

Offline KDF

• Hi all, I'm new here!
[edit]Re: Watch "Sad Temptation" Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
Dear LoveJooJinMo,

Thank you and mo811 for sharing these clips. I think it'd be great to watch this drama on his birthday as the way to celebrate his special day  :)

Cheers,
Joy

Me too.

I just watched this and I appreciate this drama for its deep exploration into the meaning of love. The drama involves three main characters, an older man whose work is his life played by (Kim Kap Soo), his unsatisfied wife played by(Kim Mi Sook), and an ambitious young homosexual man named Shin Jung Hyeon played by (Joo Jin Mo).  KKS has spent his youth contributing to the growth of a company only to find himself on the verge of getting asked to step down. None of his projects are working out. KMS spends her time trying to connect with her husband but finds that she keeps failing.  She has seen her husband go through hard times at the company and all the while she tried and wanted to comfort him but he wanted none of it.  He keeps his feelings to himself and endures his hard times alone. They have one daughter who is now grown and has a boyfriend. KMS fell in love with KKS in the first place because of his vulnerability, that he is weak but tries so hard to appear strong.  She is the one who followed him around and made the first moves.  KMS tells SJH this later on.

SJH is based in New York. He appears at KKS's company and is known for his ambition and intelligence. 

SJH's lover has come to Korea also from New York but now he wants to end their relationship.  His lover says that there is no place in this society for homosexuals and why keep fighting.  SJH says "Did you care so much what other people think?".  The lover says he is going to arranged meetings with wife prospects and SJH should do the same.  SJH is devastated and turns to alcohol.  In the middle of the night, SJH calls KKS for some company when he becomes drunk.  KKS who has been looking at SJH as someone who resembled himself as an ambitious youth responds and helps SJH to his home.  When they get to SJH's home, SJH immediately goes to the bathroom and gets sick from drinking too much.  KKS helps him get through this episode with a fatherly attitude encouraging SJH to throw up more of the toxic alcohol.  SJH showers and afterwards, with only a bath towel wrapped around his waist, he falls to bed.  KKS looks at SJH's form in bed and suddenly has feelings that disturb him.  He wonders what these feelings toward SJH are.

Having experienced disturbing feelings and hearing rumors that SJH is a homosexual, KKS tries to avoid SJH.  SJH calls to thank KKS for helping him that night. What SJH gets in response is a cold "Let's avoid each other" from KKS.  SJH tries to find out why KKS has turned a cold shoulder to him.  Finally, KKS meets with SJH and tells SJH that he has heard that SJH is a homosexual.

I found the dialog between them really touching.  I should have taken notes but it went something like this:
KKP: I know you are a homosexual. Why did you become one?
SJH: Sir why did you become straight?  I do not love men. The one I love is a man.
KKP: I don't know what loving a man is.
SJH: You do not know what love is or how to love.  You are about to be fired from the company.  Does your wife know this? Do you love her?  You are all about your own pride.

SJH's parents died in an auto accident and now he has only his older brother to call family.

More later...when I watch this again.

This show I found unexpectedly moving and it reminds me of one of the acts of the comedienne Margaret Cho.  Here is a quote from it "Mommy think everybody... little bit gay. You know how you have that friend, and you love that friend so much you don't know what to do? ...It's kind of gay." I would post the the video of it but I do not know if it would be offensive or not. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:15:13 AM by KDF »

Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday
Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday