>

Author Topic: Watch 'Golden Fishery' Part 2, Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday  (Read 3214 times)

Offline LoveJooJinMo

• Administrator
  • Support Jin Mo as a fan & friend
    • Joo Jin Mo's Garden
Watch 'Golden Fishery' Part 2, Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »

Thank guoxingkim for her/his kind sharing at tudou.com

If you want it to load faster, you should download this software - 飞速土豆/'flying tudou' at

http://www.tudou.com/my/soft/speedup.php

I have been using this software for a while - it does not only work for video clips from tudou.com, but also work with other video clips from other websites.   It is safe.   Just click '立即下载飞速土豆' - it should start to download.  Good luck!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:42:47 PM by LoveJooJinMo »

Offline LoveJooJinMo

• Administrator
    • Joo Jin Mo's Garden
Re: Watch 'Golden Fishery' Part 2, Together on Jin Mo's 36th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »
Part 2 started with Jin Mo's Musa, Wanee & Junah, Jin Mo's 3.5 year hard time, Park Jung Hun's encouragement, a 'newbie' in Punch, Director Kwak's tears, A Frozen Flower and Moo Jeak Ja, Jin Mo's requirement of hiring a manager.

###################################
Joo Jin Mo's Stories:
###################################

about Musa - "a Bad Comment"

Background: Jin Mo was smoothly rising as a new star after Happy End and Sad Temptation, both controversial and both help him got a lot of exposure) and started feeling pretty good about himself - 'pretty arrogant' in some of the staffs' eyes.

Before Jin Mo was approached by the Musa project, he was wondering if they will ask him to cast in the movie (thinking he is one that can fit in the movie pretty well).  And that wish/guess/imagination became true! 

There was one scene that Jin Mo, as a Korean general, needed to say 'Who are you?!' in Chinese, hundreds of his soldiers were behind him (those were real Chinese soldiers).  Jin Mo got really nervous and his acting (actually just one line 'Who Are You?!') couldn't satisfy the requirement, so that this expensive scene had to be cut.

A senior actor who was also in Musa and gave acting lectures in a university commented on Jin Mo's acting: 'There shouldn't be such an actor in Korea'/'This kind of actor shouldn't act in Korea'.

Because of 9/11 (the next day after Musa's premiere), less audience in theater.  Musa was not a good investment.

about Wanee&Junah - "Two Mistakes"

Background: W&J was mainly produced for Kim Hee Sun, who was already one of the best actresses in Korea at that time.

Mistake 1: Before they started shooting the film, they had dinner after a press conference, Jin Mo, KHS and the director was on the same table.  Jin Mo got drunk and complained to the director, why as the main actor, he's not receiving as much care as KHS was receiving.  (how awkward was this?! )  Staffs on tables next to them spread out what he said.   (JM commented to MC: Staffs' mouths are more important than their work)

Mistake 2: when the film started to show in theaters, there were quite a few 'Stage Greeting' events for the main cast to come.  However, at that time, Jin Mo was too arrogant to be there.  He went to baseball game instead.   (You can imagine - how bad people around him felt about him at that time - and now, if you remember, Jin Mo got heavy cold during Moo Jeak Ja promotion period, he went to every single stage greeting event)

MC called Jin Mo 'Mr. Arrogant'.  Jin Mo responded "an arrogant person can't realize the result of his behavior right away - it takes quite a while for his surrounding slowly feedback to him. "

Rumors started spread around in movie making circle, If Joo Jin Mo casts in a film, the film won't success".  Since then, Jin Mo started to feel the changes little by little, less calls and less jobs - things were going strange - even once, a reporter called him asking if he was about to retire.  Jin Mo kept asking himself, 'where is my original mind?', 'where is my training cloths (that he wore for his first CF)', 'why do I look different now?'  Because he was so arrogant he almost lost all connection with his friends from high school and college.   He turned off his cell phone and disconnected himself from his friends.  He went fishing (my guess is he needed reflection). 

Offline KDF

• Hi all, I'm new here!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Thanks for your translation LoveJooJinMo.  I just want to say that not only am I a fan of Joo Jin Mo but I am a real fan of great acting and respect it very much.  I love reading and hearing what various actors have to say about their experiences as an actor.  There may be great differences amongst them but they do have some things in common.  I think most dislike being under so much scrutiny and having their every move followed, not in small part, because their private issues or words, no matter how small, can be spun into huge scandals. Most serious actors would like their work to speak for themselves instead of undergoing countless interviews and attending countless promotions.  So I can empathize with the younger Joo Jin Mo's thinking that when filming is over, his job is done.  Acting is not a 9 to 5 job, an actor has to live and think as his character to be convincing to an audience.  I mean no need to complain as an actor because the benefits can be huge and fans keep them in business but I guess if you are particularly sensitive or insecure, the movie business can get pretty tough.

Here is a paragraph that I really like from a book called "The Time of My Life" by the late actor Patrick Swayze and his wife, Lisa Niemi, "The easiest way to destroy people is to give them exactly what they want.  You might not realize it at the time, but the struggle to achieve something is, in many ways, much more satisfying than actually getting it.  The very act of striving is what keeps you alive, and it keeps you grounded.  But then, when the thing you've been fighting for is suddenly in your grasp, it's all too easy to look around and say---is that all there is?"

I highly recommend this book whether one is a fan or not because this memoir illustrates the feelings a sensitive actor had at various moments in his career and it is also filled with exciting filming details.

Anyways, as Joo Jin Mo says in the show, he can talk about these mistakes now because he is not like that anymore.  And as LoveJooJinMo points out, JJM now attends every promotional event such as stage greetings to the point of exhaustion for which I as a fan would be grateful for, if only I can attend one. :)

I also really want to know what Joo Jin Mo would think of Charlize Theron's performance in the movie "Monster".  Her performance in that movie astounds me. I would like to ask because some of the movies Joo Jin Mo likes, I like too.  Also because Joo Jin Mo, Song Seung Heon, Kim Kang Woo all answered Jo Han Seon's bad guy role in one interview for "A Better Tomorrow" to the question of which role they would have liked to play other than their own.

Offline LoveJooJinMo

• Administrator
    • Joo Jin Mo's Garden
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »
I just want to say that not only am I a fan of Joo Jin Mo but I am a real fan of great acting and respect it very much.  I love reading and hearing what various actors have to say about their experiences as an actor.  There may be great differences amongst them but they do have some things in common.  I think most dislike being under so much scrutiny and having their every move followed, not in small part, because their private issues or words, no matter how small, can be spun into huge scandals. Most serious actors would like their work to speak for themselves instead of undergoing countless interviews and attending countless promotions.  So I can empathize with the younger Joo Jin Mo's thinking that when filming is over, his job is done.  Acting is not a 9 to 5 job, an actor has to live and think as his character to be convincing to an audience.  I mean no need to complain as an actor because the benefits can be huge and fans keep them in business but I guess if you are particularly sensitive or insecure, the movie business can get pretty tough.

@KDF,
Totally totally agree, "an actor has to live and think as his character to be convincing to an audience."   I've been thinking 'as an actor, there is no need to complain' - I wanted to let him know, it won't help.  As an actor, a member in a shooting team, he better to try his best to solve all problems with his 'teammates', when the movie is done, all problems are over/solved/as is.

"not only am I a fan of Joo Jin Mo but I am a real fan of great acting and respect it very much. "  :)  :)  :)  Are you talking about me???  hahah, I should expect some of fans are similar.  As for me, although I haven't read any book about any actor, but I do scan their documentary type stories/interviews as much as I can.  I fell in love with Patrick Swayze's Dirty Dance - I was about 18 and I felt the passion and the beauty of the movie and the actors.  When I see any negative news about any actors on the internet, I choose not to believe and to trust the actors. 

Thank you for sharing about this book - I'm going to get one from amazon soon.  I'd love to read and I think it helps me write better in the future in the Garden,  :D ;)

Anyways, as Joo Jin Mo says in the show, he can talk about these mistakes now because he is not like that anymore.  And as LoveJooJinMo points out, JJM now attends every promotional event such as stage greetings to the point of exhaustion for which I as a fan would be grateful for, if only I can attend one. :)

(SK was the lucky one who has seen Jin Mo - oh, I haven't had a chance to share her video clips).

Oh let me get back with more later.

Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday
Joo Jin Mo's 37th Birthday